Friday, January 13, 2012

Autumn?

The other day I found myself thinking about…well…me. Which I have been known to do now and again. On that particular day though, I found myself thinking about the fact that I have now lived longer than I’m going to live. I have more days behind me than I do ahead of me. And that’s OK. Really! In fact it’s kind of cool. The days I have lived so far have given me so much. Sure there have been some tough ones along the way. It certainly hasn’t all been sweetness and light, but all in all, the journey so far has been pretty good. All those days past have added up to a wisdom and a confidence that only that many days can teach. I have a manuscript of memories, both good and not so good, that took that many days to write. I have a best friendship that has taken that many days of marriage to develop. All those days past have earned me the title of Grandpa…which I cherish. I have now lived longer than I’m going to live and that’s OK. If this is the Autumn of my life…it’s my favorite season so far. If it’s all right with you though, I’d prefer that the younger backs rake the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment